RACE RULES & REGULATIONS (updated November 1, 2010)
1. All teams are 3-person teams (Salomon Raid the Hammer and Salomon Giant's Rib Raid) or 2-person teams (Salomon Snowshoe Raid).
2. Teams must follow all instructions on the maps and provided at the pre-race briefing. Failure to follow instructions may result in disqualification.
3. Team members must be within 25 m of each other at all times (and within eyesight) and ALL team members must visit each checkpoint (CP) together (excludes the Matrix). All team members must 'hand-touch' the CP flag. Teams are not allowed to check-in at the finish with the Sport Ident Timing Chip until all team members have crossed the finish line.
4. Out of bounds is marked with purple hatched areas on the map and/or the purple residential symbol and/or purple X’s on roads. These areas are either private land or environmentally sensitive areas. Teams found taking short cuts through out-of-bounds areas will be disqualified.
5. Required gear must be carried at all times. Personal gear must be by carried by each individual themselves. A time penalty for incomplete gear will be served on the race course.
6. Participants must stay on feet at all times. So don’t think about ordering a cab or jumping on a bus!
7. Use of other maps (orienteering, Bruce trail, campus, road maps, etc.) during the race is not permitted.
8. Checkpoints must be visited in order unless stated otherwise. For example, the Salomon Snowshoe Raid is a time limit race and checkpoints can be visited in any order.
9. When crossing fences, do so at a post. Respect public and private property.
10. Race bibs must be worn on the outside layer at all times.